This sauce is very good when paired with any type of meat. It is especially good when teamed with a rich cut of meat because it balances the richness. You can even try it with the previous post of Venision Burgers. I can hardly wait until I can dig up my horseradish. If you want to plant your own horseradish roots, be warned they are invasive in the garden. I planted mine in big tubs right by our front porch.
- 1 small onion, fine chopped
- 2 tablespoons Butter
- 1 tablespoon All Purpose Flour or Wondra
- 1 cup Vegetable Broth
- 1/2 cup fresh Horseradish, peeled and grated
- 1/2 cup Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1/8 teaspoon ground Clove
- Sea Salt and Pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons Sugar or Sugar Substitute
Melt butter in a skillet over medium heat. Add onion and saute until brown. Add flour and a dash of the broth. Stir to make a roux. When nicely browned add the remaining broth and the rest of the ingredients. Stir until thickened. Drizzle over your choice of meat and enjoy.