Back in the 1960’s, I always saw these eggs on my mom’s table whenever we had guests. I loved ’em back then and still love ’em now.
- 1 rounded tablespoon Sugar or Sugar Substitute
- 2 teaspoons White Vinegar
- 3/4 teaspoon Sea Salt or Kosher Salt
- 2 tablespoons melted unsalted Butter
- 3 tablespoons Olive Oil Mayonnaise
- 12 hard boiled eggs, peeled
- Paprika (Smoked Hungarian Paprika gives a nice different taste)
Cut the hardboiled eggs in half. Scoop out the yolks. Mash the yolks into a fine paste. Add remaining ingredients except paprika to the yolk and mix well. You can use a piping bag with a fluted tip to fill the eggs halves with a fancy design or you can use a teaspoon to fill them. Sprinkle paprika on top of the filled eggs. Refrigerate until you are ready to serve.