Woo hoo! Our high temp today was 96 F. And we’re supposed to get some cool weather this weekend. So in celebration here’s another soup recipe!
- 2 tablespoons Butter
- 1 medium Onion, chopped
- 4 medium Potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1 cup Low Sodium Chicken Broth or Home made
- 1/4 cup fresh Parsley, destemmed and chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon dried Thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon dried Dill Weed
- 1 1/2 cups of Whole Milk
- 2 tablespoons All Purpose Flour or Wondra
- Sea Salt and Pepper to taste.
Over medium high heat, melt the butter in a medium soup pot. Add onions and cook until tender. Add potatoes, chicken broth, parsley, thyme and dill. Bring to a boil, then reduce to a simmer and cook potatoes until tender about 15 minutes. Stir occasionally.
Blend the flour and milk together until smooth. Add a little of the warm broth to the milk mix. Stir this mix into the soup pot and blend in until smooth. Puree half of the soup in a blender, food processor or use an immersion stick blender. Return puree to the soup pot and simmer until thickened. Salt and pepper to taste