Sunday morning on the ranch means buckwheat pancakes. We think they have a better taste than regular pancakes. And they are not as heavy either. Buckwheat is not really a grain and it is gluten-free. We use a store-bought mix, Hodgson Mills, that is gluten-free but this recipe can be mixed at home using corn meal or ground buckwheat.
- 1 cup Rice or Millet Flour
- 1/2 cup Soy Flour
- 1/2 cup ground Corn Meal or ground Buckwheat
- 1 tablespoon Baking Powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Sea Salt or Kosher Salt
- 1 whole Egg, beaten
- 1 1/2 cup Water
- 2 tablespoons unrefined Vegetable Oil (Some mixed oils can contain wheat germ oil. Check the label)
Combine all dry ingredients. Stir together all liquids and add to dry ingredients. Bake on a preheated cast iron griddle or skillet. Turn once. Serve with you choice of toppings.