The harvest of green beans from home gardens should be coming in right about now. I grow a “yard long” Chinese green bean that tastes so good stir fried or cooked as in this recipe. This side pairs well with chicken or fish.
- 1 pound Green Beans, trimmed. (traditional beans should be left whole. Yard long beans should be trimmed and broken into 6 inch pieces.)
- 3 cloves of Garlic, peeled and pressed
- 1 tablespoon low sodium Soy Sauce
- 1 tablespoon fresh Ginger, peeled and grated
- 2 teaspoons Rice Vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO)
- 1/2 teaspoon Sesame Oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Sesame Seeds
Cook the beans uncovered in a large pot with salted water. Bring to a boil and cook for about 6 minutes. Drain beans and keep warm in a large serving bowl.
In a small bowl mix garlic, soy sauce, ginger, vinegar, EVOO, and sesame oil until smooth. Pour over beans and gently toss. Sprinkle with sesame seeds and serve warm.