I usually make this on a Saturday morning from whatever meat leftovers we have in the fridge. I have used ham slices that I diced, leftover taco meat, hamburger, or even hotdogs. Just use your imagination to make a great tasting and filling breakfast. The following recipe can feed 2 to 4 people depending on the serving size. This dish is also a guten-free meal.
- 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil. EVOO.
- Salt to taste. I use Celtic Sea Salt.
- 1 small Onion, diced
- 1 Garlic clove, pressed
- 1 Pepper, diced. Use sweet banana, jalapeño, or Serrano depending on your heat preference
- 2 medium Potatoes, skin on and grated
- 1 small Tomato, diced
- 1 cup of leftover cooked meat
- 3 Eggs slightly beaten
- Dash of hot sauce
- 3 tablespoons of milk or ½ & ½
- ¼ cup of shredded cheese of your choice
In a skillet sauté onions, garlic, pepper in EVOO on medium heat for about 7 minutes or until tender. Add the grated potatoes and cook until brown, approximately 10 minutes.
While the potatoes are cooking, mix the beaten eggs, hot sauce and milk/ ½ & ½.
When the potatoes are browned and cooked add the tomatoes and meat. Cook until heated through.
Add the egg mixture to the skillet and cook until eggs are no longer liquid.
Mix in the shredded cheese and cook until cheese is melted. Remove from stove, serve and enjoy!