I just had a craving for fish chowder this week. Not exactly lo carb with the potatoes but it is very good!
- ½ cup Butter, divided
- 2 large Sweet Onions, diced
- 5 medium Potatoes, peeled and diced
- 4 tsp Kosher Salt
- 1 tsp fresh ground Black Pepper
- 3 cups Water
- 2 lbs any type of mild white Fish, cubed. Cod, Haddock, Swai, Flounder etc
- 4 cups Full fat Milk
- 1 can (12 ozs) Evaporated Milk
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Chopped Chives or Parsley to garnish
Melt ¼ cup butter over medium heat in a Dutch Oven. Saute the onions until tender but do not brown them. Add potatoes, salt, pepper and water. Top with the fish. Bring to boil, reduce to simmer and cook covered for 30 minutes or until the potatoes are tender. Add milk and evaporated milk and remaining butter. Heat but do not boil. Salt and pepper to taste. Serve garnished with chives or parsley. Pairs well with crusty bread.