This is so easy and tastes so good. It is a one dish meal!
- 1 pound lean Ground Meat, Beef, Bison, Venison, Lamb
- 1 small Onion, chopped
- Sea Salt and Fresh Ground Black Pepper to taste
- 1 pack Taco Seasoning
- 2 cans (4 ozs each) Chopped Green Chilies
- 2 ozs Grated Cheese of your choice, Colby Jack, Mozzarella, Mexican Blend
- 4 large Pablano Peppers, stem curt off and deseeded
- 1 package (8 0zs) Grated Cheese of your choice
- 1 2/3 cups Milk
- 1/4 cup Sour Cream
- 1 teaspoon All Purpose Flour or Wondra
- 4 whole Eggs, beaten
Preheat oven to 350 F. Lightly spray a 9 X 9 baking dish.
In a large skillet, brown the meat and onions. Drain any fat and add the green chilies, taco seasoning, salt and pepper. Cook for about 5 minutes. Add the 2 ozs cheese and cook just until it melts. Take the skillet off the heat and using a large spoon stuff meat inside the pablano peppers. Place each stuffed pepper in the baking dish. Fill all peppers. If any meat is left, you can use it to make my Farmer’s Breakfast the next morning!
In a medium bowl, beat the eggs. Add the flour, 8 ozs cheese, milk, sour cream, and salt and pepper to taste. Pour the egg mixture over the stuffed peppers. Baked for 45 to 55 minutes. Peppers should be tender.