Well I finally baked my birthday cake. And in the end it wasn’t my mom’s red velvet cake that I made but rather my husband’s favorite. I found this recipe on one of our local grocery stores’ websites (Save a lot). It is super easy and I think that it will be a favorite at our pie and cake charity auctions!
- 1 box of your favorite brand Devil Food Cake
- 1 box Chocolate Instant Pudding mix
- 1 package (8 0zs) Neuchâtel Cheese
- 2 cups Milk, Whole, 2%, or Skim
- 1 can (21 ozs) Cherry Pie Filling
- 1 cup Semi Sweet Chocolate Chips or I use one cube of Semi Sweet Baking Chocolate, grated
- 1/2 cup Maraschino Cherries
- Whipped Topping
Prepare cake mix according to the directions on the box using a 10 x 14 baking dish. Remove from oven and let cool in the dish.
In a large bowl using a hand mixer, beat the softened Neuchâtel cheese and 1/2 cup of milk. When the cheese and milk are creamy add the remaining milk and the package of instant pudding. Beat for 2 minutes and allow to thicken and set. After it is set spoon mix over the top of the cake. Top with pie filling. Sprinkle with maraschino cherries and the chocolate chips or grated baking chocolate. Chill for at least 2 hours. Top with whipped topping if desired when serving.