Curry spice is just a mixture of different Indian type spices. If you don’t have these individual ones you can use a pre-mixed curry spice.
- 2 Sweet Onions, chopped
- 3 tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive OIl (EVOO)
- 4 teaspoons ground Corriander
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Cumin
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dry Mustard
- 1 1/2 teaspoon Tumeric
- 1 teaspoon ground Cardamon
- 1/2 teaspoon dried Ginger or 1 teaspoon fresh grated Ginger
- 3 pounds Chicken legs, thighs and breasts
- 2 teaspoons Sea Salt
- Black or Red Cayenne Pepper to taste
- 1 1/2 cups hot Water
- 1/3 cup Half & Half
- 2 teaspoons Lemon Juice
In a large skillet heat the EVOO over medium heat. Sweat the onions until transparent and tender. Mix all of the spices together. Add to the onion. Cook for one minute until fragrant. Add the chicken parts to the onion mixture and cook for about 5 minutes. Stir frequently. Add the salt and hot water. Cover, reduce heat and cook for 30 minutes. Uncover and cook for another 15 minutes to reduce the water and until chicken is tender and cooked through. Just before serving stir in the cream and heat gently but do not boil. Add the lemon juice just before spooning into the serving dish. This can be served with cooked brown or basmati rice for a filling meal.