I like to use spinach in many dishes, soups, salads, dips and sautéed. Leafy green vegetables are so good for you. I usually pair this with a grilled steak.
- 1 1/2 tablespoons unsalted Butter
- 1/3 cup Sweet Vidalia Onions, fine chopped
- 1 clove Garlic, peeled and pressed
- 1 cup Mushrooms, Shitake, Oyster or Baby Portabella, thin sliced
- 1 pound Fresh Spinach Leaves, destemmed if you like or keep the stems for more fiber and crunch
- Sea Salt and Red Pepper to taste
- Sprinkle of Lemon Juice to taste
Over medium low heat melt butter in a heavy skillet, cast iron is best. Add the onions and sweat them for about 2 minutes. Add the mushrooms and garlic and continue to sweat for 3 more minutes. Increase the heat to medium and add the spinach. Allow the leaves to wilt. Season with salt and pepper. Sprinkle with a dash of lemon juice. Serve.