In honor of German Oktoberfest here is a great meal to pair with Oktoberfest Beer! And it’s in a crockpot. You can also try this dish with lamb chops.
- 4 Pork Loin Chops, at least 1 inch thick, trim off fat layer
- 2 medium Tart Apples like Granny Smith or Fuji, peeled and sliced
- 1 teaspoon of cold Butter, diced in pieces
- 1/2 teaspoon grated Nutmeg
- Sea Salt and Pepper to taste
In a skillet over medium high heat, quickly seer the chops to a nice golden brown. The quick seer will seal in the juices and make a moist piece of chop. Drain well. Arrange a layer of apples in the bottom of the crockpot. Place the browned pork chops in the crockpot. Place the butter pieces on top of the chops. Sprinkle with nutmeg. Add salt and pepper. Cover and cook on low setting for 8 hours. Test the level of seasoning before serving and adjust if needed. This dish can be served a side sauerkraut for a true German meal. Enjoy.