- 1 large Cauliflower, stems removed and florets chopped small
- 1 medium potato, peeled and diced small
- 1/2 Sweet Onion, chopped small or 6 Green Onions using only the white part (Keep the green part to garnish finished soup)
- 1 tablespoon unsalted Butter
- 2 tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO)
- 4 cups Low sodium Chicken Broth
- 2 cups Whole Milk
- 1/2 cup Heavy Cream
- Sea salt or Kosher Salt to taste
- Ground White Pepper
- 1 slice Bacon for each soup bowl
- Green parts of Green Onions sliced for garnish
Melt butter in a large saucepan. Add EVOO, cauliflower, white onion, and potato to the saucepan. Heat gently over low heat and sweat the veggies. Cover the saucepan and cook over low heat for 15 minutes. Don’t allow the veggies to brown. This is a white soup. Add the broth and bring to a boil. Pour in the milk and gently simmer for 20 minutes. Don’t allow the milk mixture to burn. Season to taste. Add in the cream. In a food processor, blender or using an immersion stick blender process the soup in batches until it is all pureed.
Cook the slices of bacon until very crisp. Ladle soup into bowls and top with bacon crumbles and green tops of the onions. Serve with crusty French bread.