Here is another great soup recipe that is so thick and creamy and pairs so well with crusty Italian or French bread.
- 2 tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO)
- 2 pounds of Carrots, peeled and sliced
- 1 large Sweet Onion, finely chopped
- 6 cloves of Garlic, peeled and pressed
- 4 cups low soduim Vegetable Broth or home-made
- 1 tablespoon fresh Lemon Juice
- Sea Salt to taste
- Some Creme or Heavy Whipping Cream (out here we have a Creme Mexicana made by Cacquie)
Over medium heat, heat the EVOO in a large saucepan. Add carrots, onion and garlic. Saute until the onions are tender but not brown. Approximately 8 minutes. Add vegetable broth and simmer until carrots are very tender, approximately 30 minutes. Stir occasionally. Puree the soup in a blender, food processor or an immersion stick blender. I like the stick blender because you can puree the soup in the same pot. Mix in lemon juice. Season to taste. If the soup is too thick, thin with more vegetable broth or water. Ladle into individual bowls and garnish with whipping Cream if desired. Serve with crusty buttered bread.