Early in the week my husband made this for dinner and it was great. The batter was so crispy and light just like fish and chips wrapped in newsprint that I used to eat in Scotland!
- 1 1/2 cups All Purpose Flour
- 1 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 2 teaspoons Fuzz’s No Salt Cajun Blend
- 1 teaspoon powdered Garlic
- 1 teaspoon ground Red Cayenne Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Red Chili Powder
- Splash of Milk (just enough to make a thin batter)
- 1 Whole Egg, beaten
- 2 cups Beer (He used Erdinger Hefe-Wiezen)
- Salted All Purpose Flour
- 1 thin Venison Steak or Medallion per person
- Canola Oil
Combine the first 9 ingredients and beat with a hand mixer until smooth. Dredge the venison steaks in the salted flour and dip in the batter.
Heat about 2-3 inches of oil over high heat in a cast iron skillet. Immediately put in the hot oil. You need the oil to be very hot so the flour coating doesn’t get greasy. Also if the oil is not hot enough the coating may fall off the meat. Deep fry at 365 to 370 degrees for 5 to 6 minutes. Til the batter is crispy and the meat is medium. Remove to plate and place on a paper towel. Enjoy!